This week we have some food for youth, more Job Corps info, and some training from Spectrum Resources:
The John Grubb YMCA is offering free lunch to anyone under the age of 18. Monday through Friday from 11:30am-12:15pm at 1611 11th st.
Denison Job Corps
Residential Advisor (SPP) 24 hour week
Manager, Solo Parent Program
Base Pay: $9.65/hr – 11.31/hr
Department: Solo Parent Program
Positions Summary: Reports to the manager, solo parent program. Responsible for providing proper guidance to students to ensure positive group living relations and achievements in the program.
1. Provide guidance for students to achieve a positive attitude and proper attitude and proper behavior in dormitory living situation and to accomplish their goals and objectives. Determine, recommend, and arrange student visits to counselor.
2. Direct dorm activities as designated including dorm government and dorm courts.
3. Patrol and monitor dormitories and center as required ensuring safety and proper behavior of students; resolving potential or occurring problems.
4. Assist with recreational activities for students on and off center.
5. Transport students to and from recreational functions, airport or bus stations as required.
6. Prepare the morning report; pass list and other administrative correspondence relating to students.
7. Direct students or assist in the cleanup and maintenance of the dormitory.
8. Recommend or requisition supplies to provide needs for dorm living and safety of students.
9. Conduct group sessions in accordance with the schedule. As assigned, participate in and conduct career preparation, career development and career transition activities.
10. Complete performance evaluations for all assigned students and participate on PE panels.
11. Provide for the special needs of the parents and children.
12. Participate in student employability programs and activities.
13. Support and promote center zero tolerance policies.
14. Promote the development of CSS by modeling, mentoring, and monitoring appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
15. Maintain accountability of students, children and property; adhere to safety practices.
16. It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and one year experience in counseling, social work, rehabilitation or vocational guidance. Must meet all state of Iowa Department of Human Services criteria pertaining to health background, personal behavior and police records. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Interested and qualified candidates may apply at their local Workforce Development Center and / or apply online @ www.mtcjobs.com. Any questions please contact Human Resources @ 712-265-2378.
NEWS ADVISORY “FREE” Pre- Apprenticeship Green Training Classes
(Des Moines, Iowa) – Ready to learn a new skill? Ready to create your own career choices? Ready to change and become successful and self sufficient? If you answered yes, then it’s time to contact Spectrum Resources’ Academy and inquire about the certified pre-apprenticeship training in the area of Green Technology!!
Phase one of Spectrum Resources certified training Fiber Optic and Solar/PV Technology class was a success. Students successfully completed “Introduction to Solar Photovoltaic” with a passing percent of seventy percent and above. Spectrum is currently accepting applications for
our next round of classes!
Why join the Fiber Optics and Solar PV Apprenticeship classes?
• Fast growing area of employment opportunities
• Develop an innovative career path
• Earn a pre-apprenticeship certificate
• Become an entrepreneur in green technology
• Learn basic installation and repair skills in Fiber Optics and Solar/ PV
• Earn your GED while you train
• Classes are instructed by trained green energy professionals
Spectrum Resources’ Academy combines academic & employability instruction with green technology training in order to assist the unemployed, underemployed and hard-to-place workforce of Iowa enter innovative career opportunities. Students will also participate in “life-skills” training and community education projects.
To be eligible, participants must be:
• Age 18 to 24
• Obtained High School Diploma or GED (working towards completion)
• Fill out application and submit resume
• Go through an interview and evaluation process.
• Take assessment survey
To receive an application, please come to our main offices located at 1700 Keosauqua Way, Des Moines, Iowa. Web Site: www.spectrumresourcesdsm.org. Questions may be directed to Ericka Wiley at firstname.lastname@example.org.