Check out a couple open positions at Greater Des Moines Habitat ReStore:
We are currently accepting applications for two ReStore Associate positions. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled. Interviews will be scheduled as needed.
Please deliver application (found on our web site), resumes, 3 work related references and a cover letter stating why you would be an excellent candidate to work with Habitat for Humanity to Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity, ReStore. 2341 2nd Ave, Des Moines.
The ReStore is open Monday – Saturday 9 am – 6 pm.
No phone calls or emails will be accepted for this job posting.
Reports to ReStore Manager
Job Type: Full and Part Time (20-40 hours per week)
A ReStore Associate helps process donations, load and unload items, and assist customers as needed. Tasks include cleaning, pricing, stocking, and rearranging items, in addition to providing friendly customer service at all times. works to ensure that customers and donors have a positive experience at the ReStore; this includes providing friendly customer service, assisting in loading purchases and unloading donations, operating the cash register, cleaning/organizing/arranging displays, and pricing items.
Specific duties include:
• Build and maintain positive relationships with customers by providing high-quality customer service
• Answer customer questions regarding the ReStore in general and specific items
• Ensure that all areas of the store/warehouse are safe, clean, and organized
• Guard against theft and unsafe practices (clutter, tripping hazards, falling objects, etc.)
• Operate cash register to ring up customers
• Assist with receiving of inventory
• Assist Customers with purchases – lifting, carrying and loading
• Move materials from warehouse to store floor
• Evaluate condition/acceptability of incoming donations
• Price materials to be sold
• Display merchandise in a way that maximizes sales
• Supervise volunteers as assigned
High school diploma/GED required
Great track record of providing excellent customer service
Willingness to work with volunteers
Knowledge of building materials required
Excellent communication skills
Effective organizational skills
Desire to work with diverse staff and customer base
Committed to GDMHFH mission and environmental stewardship
Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
All applicants need to pass criminal background check