The House of Mercy is an organization dedicated to assisting pregnant, parenting/non-parenting, and adolescent/adult women.
Executive Director: Tom Beveridge
The House of Mercy is an organization dedicated to assisting pregnant, parenting/non-parenting, and adolescent/adult women in developing personal responsibility and independence through counseling, education, and medical care in collaboration with other caring individuals.
Today, House of Mercy has become one of Iowa’s largest providers of transitional housing and clinical services for parenting women with addiction.
Essential services provided by the House of Mercy include:
– transitional and permanent housing
– licensed childcare
– individual, group and family therapy
– addiction counseling services including relapse prevention education and therapy
– aftercare support
– twelve-step meetings
– primary medical care
– trauma counseling
– education and employment assistance
– skill development training in communication, parenting and nutrition.
If you are looking to help out, House of Mercy always accepts monetary donations and items from their ongoing needs list. Or if you would rather give your time, there are always volunteer opportunities available, click here to apply.